The 4th American TCM Congress
TCMAAA/ATCMA Annual Meeting 2018
International TCM and Acupuncture Forum in Seattle
Continuing Education Credits
The conference will provide 16 NCCAOM PDAs and meet state requirements (CA, FL, IL, etc) for CEUs
1. Course Category 1
2. CAB Provider# 1423
3.pending approval from CAB
4. Refund Policy : One month in advance of the conference – full refund;
Less than one month – no refund;
(All refunds are subject to a fee of $ 20.00 – including money wiring transfer, check payments and website payments)
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Classics and Clinical Applications with a focus on the topics of Gynecology, Dermatology, Cosmetology
Keynote Speakers and Topics
1. Prof. Daniel Bensky, DO. : Palpation in Contemporary East Asian Medicine
Dan Bensky graduated from the Macau Institute of Chinese Medicine (Oriental Medicine Diploma, 1975), Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Doctor of Osteopathy, 1982), University of Washington (M.A. in Classical Chinese, 1996), and Chinese Academy of Traditional Chinese Medical Sciences (Ph.D. in Discussion of Cold Damage, 2006). He contributed to the translation and editing of several important texts, including Acupuncture: A Comprehensive Text, Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica, and Chinese Herbal Medicine: Formulas & Strategies. Dan is a co-founder of Eastland Press (1981), where he serves as medical editor, and of the Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine (1994). In 2008, he was awarded the Wang Dingyi Cup International Prize for contributions to Chinese medicine.
He is part of a group that developed Engaging Vitality, an approach that integrated osteopathic concepts and techniques into the practice of East Asian medicine.
2. Prof. Minru Liu, MD. , China’s National TCM Master, Chengdu University of TCM: TCM in Gynecology
Professor Liu, Minru, China’s National TCM Master, Director of the National Medical Research Institute of Gynecology, Doctoral Supervisor.
She is now the Honorary Chairman of National Committee of TCM Gynecology; Honorary Professor of School of Chinese Medicine, the University of HongKong; Leading Expert of Chinese Medicine Culture Study Promotion Association(Macau）; TCM Counselor of Macau Health Bureau; Honorary Professor of Macau Association of Chinese Medicine; Consultant Physician of TCM in Tung Wah Group of Hospitals(Hongkong).
She was awarded China’s National TCM Master in 2014 and she is the first female who gets the title in China.
3. Prof. Pingzheng Liao, MD. , China’s National TCM Master, Chengdu University of TCM: TCM in Ophthalmology
Professor Liao, Pingzheng, China’s National TCM Master, Professor of Chengdu University of TCM, Ph.D. Supervisor, expert entitled to Government Special Allowance (GSA), China’s National TCM Master. She has been awarded as the “National Model Worker of the Education System” and “People’s Teacher”.
Professor Liao has successively hold the posts/titles of Committee Member of the Fifth Session of Subject Consultative Group of the Degree Council of the State Council, Assessment Expert of Science and Technology Award of Chinese Association of Chinese Medicine, Committee Member of the Ophthalmology Branch of the Chinese Association of Chinese Medicine, Distinguished Consultant of the Diabetic Specialized Committee of the Chinese Association of Chinese Medicine, Academic Adviser of the Internal Medicine of Diabetic of World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies, Academic Leader of Sichuan Province, one of the Top Ten Famous Chinese Medicine Doctors of Sichuan Province, Outstanding Teacher of Sichuan Province, Executive Director of Sichuan Association of Chinese Medicine and Vice Chairman of the TCM Branch, Academic Leader of the National Key Principle Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology of Chinese Medicine and the National Key Principle TCM Ophthalmology.
Professor Liao has edited the National College Text Books, such as Chinese Medicine of Ophthalmology, otorhinolaryngology of TCM, and has edited six Designated Textbooks for Adult Education and Self-Taught Examination of Chinese Medicine and seven Teaching Reference Text Books. She is the deputy editor of the A Branch of Great Dictionary of Chinese Culture and she has participated in the editor of the Traditional Chinese Medicine Dictionary and six references books. In recently ten years, she has successively presided over and participated in the “ninth, tenth and eleventh National Key Scientific and Technological Plan”, 863 Program, National New Drug Development, and National Natural Science Foundation. She presided over the “Ninth Five-Year Plan” has won the Sichuan Provincial Scientific and Technological Progress Award(top prize) and the National Advanced Individual Award of the Ministry of Science and Technology. Her new drug “Qiming Granule” has been issued by State Drug and Food Administration. She has published more than thirty papers.
- Farong Zhang: Experience in the Flexible Use of Specific Formulas for the Treatment of Diabetes
- Zhiwen Zhang: Treatment of Intractable cough and asthma
- Guohui Liu: Advantage and Disadvantage to Treat Sinusitis By Approaches Related to Theory of Shang Han Lun and Warm Pathogen Diseases
- Kathleen Lumiere: Acupuncture and Advanced Pain Management at a Level One Trauma Center, Conventional Care and Clinical Education
- Ning Liu: Acupuncture for Anti-Aging
- Yiwen Su: TCM dermatology -Avoid common mistakes and improve clinical outcome
- Youping Hu: Classic Acupuncture Techniques for Pain Management
- Chongyong Zheng: Treatment and management of neuralgia, examination of postherpetic zoster neuralgia
- Junguo Duan: Clinical Evidence-based Study on the Prevention and Treatment of Diabetic Microvascular Complications with TCM
- Shuyu Yang: Effects and mechanism of Classical Formulas on diabetic microvascular disease
- Ming Jin: Fetal’s Brain Development and Intellectual Potential
♦ More information about Subject Speakers
American Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine Alumni (TCMAAA)
American Traditional Chinese Medicine Association (ATCMA)
Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine American Alumni Association
ATCMA Gynecology Committee
ATCMA Dermatology Committee
American NanHai Company (Seattle)
1. August 4th, 2018
- 7:00-8:00 Morning Tai Qi Practice with Harrison Moretz
- 8:00-8:30 Registration
- 9:00-10:00 Opening Ceremony and Speeches
- Dr. Haihe Tian，ATCMA Chair Welcome Speech
- Mr.Conrad Lee，councilmember. Former mayor of the city of Bellevue
- Dr Gerald Leglue MD， Chair of American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Dr. Afua Bromley Chair of NCCAOM Board
- Professor Liu, Yi，President of Chengdu University of TCM
- Prof Harlan Patterson，President of Bastyr University
- Mrs. Qin, Shaorong（General Engineer of Tai Qi Group ）
- Dr. Youping Qin Chair of Alumni of Chengdu University of TCM
- 10:00-10:30 Tea break and Congress photo, visit exhibitors session
- 10:30-12:20 keynote speakers
- 10:30-10:50 Professor Liu, Minru, National TCM Grand Master：Women’s healthcare and PCOS
- 10:50-11:10 Professor Liao, Pinzheng, National TCM Grand Master： The Features and Advantages of TCM Ophthalmology
- 11:10-11:30 Dr. Dan Bensky ：Thoughts on the Place of Palpation in Contemporary East Asian Medicine
- 11:30-11:50 Professor Qing, Yuling from Tai Qi Group；The Treatment of Diseases Causes by Dampness and The Application of Classical Formula
- 11:50-12:20 Commendations
- 12:20-1:30 Lunch break，NCCAOM Panel， Prof. Lai, Wuhui from 505 Group，Americans Acupuncture Council（AAC）Panel
- 1:30-2:00 Prof. Farong Zhang: Experience in the Flexible Use of Specific Formulas for the Treatment of Diabetes
- 2:00-6:00 Gynecology Forum
- 2:00-2:30 Dr. Ming Jin: Acupuncture and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
- 2:30-3:00 Dr. Kerong Xie: Discussion of Intractable Infertility treated by Chinese Medicine
- 3:00-3:30 Dr. Xiaoxiong Shen: Taiji Yin-Yang and menstrual control
- 3:30-4:00 Recess, visit exhibitors
- 4:00-6:00 Gynecology Panel Discussion：PCOS, ART with TCM; Assisted Reproductive Technology(ART)
- 6:00-8:00 Dinner
- 8:30-11:30 Celebrate Party
2. August 5th, 2018
- 7:00-8:00 Morning Tai Qi practice with Harrison Moretz
- 8:30-12:00 Dermatology and Cosmetology Forum
- 8:30-9:00 Professor Liu, Nin:Acupuncture for Anti-Aging
- 9:00-9:30 Dr. Zheng, Chongyon: Acupuncture therapy combined with acupoint application in management of simple obesity
- 9:30-10:00 Cosmetology Panel Discussion：Discussion on the advantage of TCM cosmetic techniques
- 10:00-10:30 Tea Break Recess, visit exhibitors
- 10:30-11:00 Professor Yiwen Su: TCM dermatology -Avoid Common Mistakes and Improve Clinical Outcome
- 11:00-12:00 TCM Dermatology Panel Discussion：Discussion on the keys of handling common dermatological diseases
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch Break
- 1:00-1:30 Professor Guo Hui Liu : Advantage and Disadvantage to Treat Sinusitis By Approaches Related to Theory of Shang Han Lun and Warm Pathogen Diseases
- 1:30-2:00 Dr. Kathleen Lumiere DAOM, LAc Topic: Acupuncture and Advanced Pain Management at a Level One Trauma Center, Conventional Care and Clinical Education
- 2:30-3:00 Prof. Junguo Duan: Eye Diagnoses – Innovation and Creation of Four Diagnoses
- 3:00-3:30 Recess, visit exhibitors
- 3:30-4:00 Open Speech， TBD
- 4：00-5：00 Closing Ceremony and Distribution of Certificate
Hyatt Regency Bellevue on Seattle’s Eastside
900 Bellevue Way NE,
Bellevue, WA 98004, USA
Hotel Regular Rate：$209.00 – $239.00
Congress Discount Rate：$149.00
Reservations available before 07/02/2018. Discount rate rooms are limited, and not guaranteed, even if booked before the deadline (07/02/2018). Please book your room as early as possible. Refer to code: ATCMA when call to book your room.
Book Hotel(link is external)
Anyone who is engaged in Traditional Chinese Medicine, including working in education, research, clinical applications, health and lifestyle, medical equipment providers, Chinese herbal medicine suppliers, other professional experts and scholars, and current students who enrolled in qualified TCM acupuncture programs are welcomed.
If you need an invitation letter to attend this Congress, please specify your requirements for an invitation letter at the time of registration. Also, please provide contact information (email, phone number and WeChat). Once the registration letter fee and letter request are received, we will contact you.
If you are an international participant who needs an invitation letter for visa application, please specify your requirements for an invitation letter at the time of registration and email to Jennifer Sun (email@example.com(link sends e-mail)). Also, please provide contact information (last and first name on your passport, title, company name and work address,). Once the registration fee, the signed no overstay agreement, and invitation letter request are received, we will contact you.
Normal Fees (If registering after 4/1/2018, the normal conference fees will apply):
Early Early Bird Special (Register before 3/28/2018):
Member：$400.00/2 days，$220.00/ day
Early Bird Special (Register before 5/31/2018):
Participation fees for medical equipment or Chinese Herbal medicine suppliers: Normal fee: $1200.00
Discount price ends on 04/30/2018: $1000.00
Discount price for advertisers who have signed contracts on ATCMA website or WeChat: $900.00
Interested exhibitors, please contact Shu Jian at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
One month in advance of the conference – full refund;
Less than one month – no refund;
(All refunds are subject to a fee of $ 20.00 – including money wiring transfer, check payments and website payments)
• Check: make checks to ATCMA; send check to Dr. Jihong Ding (address: 1139 Raritan Rd Suite 103, Clark, NJ 07066)
• PayPal or Credit Card (see the bottom of page)
Flight Ticket discount:
• The code at DL/KL/AF: NMRRY (available for all over the world)
• Reservations and ticketing are available via https://www.delta.com/flight-search/book-a-flight(link is external) (link is external). Enter the meeting code in the box provided.
• Reservations may also be made by calling our Delta Meeting reservations at 800-328- 1111, Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CDT.
book link(link is external)
Call for Papers and Paper Requirements
1. Scope of Paper Topics: Papers related to traditional Chinese medicine education, research, clinical experience, health, integration of traditional Chinese and western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine legislation are all welcome; papers on subjects related to the themes of the Conference are preferred for compilation into the conference report (for example, Gynecology, Dermatology, Cosmetology).
2. Paper Requirements:
- The front page should include the followings: paper title, author’s name, address and 300-word abstracts in Chinese or English.
- Word document format. Attach and email the paper to email@example.com(link sends e-mail). Use “annual meeting papers-author name” as the subject of the email, and include author’s name, mailing address, and telephone number in message content.
- Deadline: Papers submitted before July 1, 2018 may be accepted into conference article compilation.
Annual Meeting Organizing Committee
Chair: Haihe Tian 田海河 (ATCMA President)
Committee Chair: Hui Wei 魏辉 (ATCMA Vice President, CEO)
Committee Vice-Chair: Youping Qin 秦佑平 (Chengdu University of TCM American Alumni Association President)
Committee Vice-Chair: Jianfeng Ouyang欧阳剑锋 (Vice President of Eastern Asian Medicine Association of Washington State)
Committee Vice-Chair: Jipu Wen (TCMAAA Vice President)
Planning Committee Members：
Chengdu TCM Committee Members
1. Business Committee Director: Lei Ma; Deputy director: Jialing Liu a. Personnel: Yiwen Su, Jianfeng Yang, Kerong Xie, Liangxi Zheng, Guojun Duan, Junlan Cai, Jifei Wang, Daohe Fang, Tao Song, Zhaoxue Lu, Guangying Zhou, Haosheng Zhang, Youping Qin, Hong Liu, Xiaoping Li.
2. Academic Committee: Director: Xia Cheng; Deputy Director Qiuzhong Zheng. Personnel: Xining Fu, Guohui Liu, Daohe Fang, Yong Zhen, Bosong Zhong, Qianzhi Wu, Yaohua Gao, Qin Chen, Xiaomei Cai, Daiyi Tang.
3. Advertising Committee: Director: Yi Wang; Personnel: Bosong Zhong, Lei Peng, Hui Li, Junmei Wu, Ping Wu.
4. Translation Committee: Director: Yiwen Su; Deputy director: Bing You. Personnel: Yingzhe Duan, Ruolan Liu, Yuqing Kou.
5. Consulting Team: Jifu Li, Shouchun Ma.
ATCMA Organizing Committee:
Ning Wang, Zhuying Huang, Chenchao Yi, Jian Sun, Sizhe Lin, Deguang He, Wenying Lin, Jihong Ding, Yarong Wang, Jian Shu, Dehui Wang, Zhanxiang Wang, Hui Ouyang, Jian Su，Yiqian Shen.
- Laura Counsell( 西雅圖移民之家)
- Bastyr University
- Atlantic Financial Group 李彩芹
- UPC Medical Supplies 美國太平洋藥業
- Active herb Technology
- Bio Essence herbal Essentials Inc
- E-Fong Herbs Inc.
- KPC producers inc
- Blue light
- American Acupuncture council
- Take Shing Hong Inc. 德成行
Seattle is the largest city in the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the Cascade mountains, the puget sound, lake washington and lake union, it combines the vibrant energy of a large city with the small-town charm of its many neighborhoods. In 2017, it was voted the second most livable city in the United States. It is no wonder that many large companies including Microsoft, Amazon, Boeing, Starbucks etc have made Seattle their headquarters.
Popular things to do around the city include:
• Walk around the world-famous Pike Place Market and see fishermen toss their catch of the day.
• Have a cup of coffee from the very first Starbucks store in the US
• Take a tour of the Boeing Museum of Flight
• Spend a weekend in a cabin on Mt. Rainier
• Paddleboard or Kayak on Lake Washington or Lake Union
• Shop luxury stores from Kate Spade to Tiffany’s at Bellevue Square
For Information on Seattle Tours, please see below：
Pengbo International LLC
10538 NE 24th St. Bellevue, WA 98004
Email：firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
http://pengbointernational.com/Index.html(link is external)
Attendees who need CEU credits should enter their acupuncture license numbers.